Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» YouTube
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 am by Datasick

» Project Showcase?
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:00 am by Datasick

» Photography
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 am by Datasick

» Wandering Critters to serve as food for the Thing.
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:06 am by Probe

» Major Updates?
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm by Durzan

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:28 pm by Durzan

» It would be nice if we had people starting lobbies
Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 am by Durzan

» ERROR MESSAGE
Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18 pm by Datasick

Through with the game until it's got a punishment mechanic.

ValThor
    Private
    Private

Forum Points (FP) : 43
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0

Through with the game until it's got a punishment mechanic.

Post by ValThor on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Yeah, just as the title says I'm done playing this until Tkers are punished SEVERELY in game. Same with game throwers, I've had more than 8 games in a row that only last a few minutes because there is no punishment for this shit and seriously it's a big problem. You can counter by saying 'tk'ing is fair, it's just part of the game! LOL L2Play!' all you want but seriously this game is going to lose popularity fast if it's not fixed.

There is no sense of suspicion anymore, there's no logical thinking at all in fact, several times I've discovered the thing by actually THINKING about shit, and I turn a corner and get tk'd by a roaming band of guys.

I appreciate that Vic takes the time to review and warn people but seriously, I've had people message me "Destiny ESPECIALLY" with this shit "wanna tk everyone?" what the fuck? If there's no punishment, then fuck yes, why not tk everyone even if you throw a game? who knows? if you're lucky you might be the last guy alive so you can troll the thing for 30+ mins locking doors and stiming away, that's always fun, right?

Anyway, there are too many people doing it, and I hope that it keeps escalating until it becomes so ridiculous that an in game mechanic is built in to reduce someone who TK's one innocent person has their damage halved, and who tk's more than that begins getting a shrinking health bar so the thing can just one hit the fuckers. So, when anything is done to address this gamebreaking issue I'll check it out and advertise the game to friends again, till then, peace.

Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 790
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7

Re: Through with the game until it's got a punishment mechanic.

Post by Vicboy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Yes, TKing has become a problem. When they shoot each other, it's not because they have justified their decision to TK, it's just because they can. I'm severely annoyed when I see this as I observe the game, and I do consider it a gamebreaking flaw.

I guess I'll finalize it in this thread: There will be an endgame scenario and also a penalty for TKing. Also a new feature that will benefit the Marines and force the game to be more interesting.

The endgame scenario, as some of you have heard, will consist of a sudden death with the Thing and the Marines who manage to get to the Unmanned Evac Ship. He will transform there, and depending on the skill and number of Marines, it will be decided there who wins. The timer is voted for.

Also, a penalty for TKing which is attached to the Marine and Thing points system. Infractions will determine whether you will get votekicked or autokicked or lose privileges. Infractions also cause both your Marine and Thing points to be subtracted.

One last thing: The Thing cannot simply stay as the Thing forever. In the next update, the Thing loses its ability to stay as a Marine if its gauge time drops to zero. This gauge time drops when it is near players. The initial time is large, but if it does decide to stay with the Marines, soon enough, say 5-10 minutes, it will transform unless it leaves the group. The gauge regenerates more time slowly when away from Marines and adds time when it kills Marines. The Thing can gain more time by killing in Marine form as well.

My assumption is that this will force them to play the Thing more actively or at least try to go lone once in a while. Hunting parties are more hopeful when they encounter loners. But since no one knows how much time the Thing has left, of course they can be mistaken.

I envision the time limit being a test of sorts that could be manipulated against or for the Thing. I also envision this time limit not to be a burden for the Thing, so I guess I shouldn't make it impossible for the Thing to stay human and proceed to deceive the other Marines.

I'll implement these starting with the Thing and its time limit in Marine form, then if the random, uninteresting TKing doesn't stop, I'll implement the endgame timer, and I guess if that doesn't stop it, I'll implement the Infractions system which I believe unfortunately intervenes negatively with the game mechanics.

So there you go, I too am tired of this random TKing and also the overly passive Thing. It has devolved my game into, what one reviewer said: "A Marine simulator".

ValThor
    Private
    Private

Forum Points (FP) : 43

Post by ValThor on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Everything mentioned sounds great, and I'm really interested to hear about the timer system as I think that will give people more reason not to firing squad loners on sight. I'll check it out after the update hits, thanks for the heads up on the fixes. Very Happy

Bunnyrabbit:)
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Forum Points (FP) : 142

Post by Bunnyrabbit:) on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:11 am

through with the game until its got a rescue ship

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:43 pm