Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» YouTube
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 am by Datasick

» Project Showcase?
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:00 am by Datasick

» Photography
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 am by Datasick

» Wandering Critters to serve as food for the Thing.
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:06 am by Probe

» Major Updates?
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm by Durzan

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:28 pm by Durzan

» It would be nice if we had people starting lobbies
Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 am by Durzan

» ERROR MESSAGE
Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18 pm by Datasick

Thing Revamp

Pandemonium
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

Forum Points (FP) : 114
    Forum Rating (FR) : 1

Thing Revamp

Post by Pandemonium on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:57 pm

This is basically a list of ideas that Thing can use as buffs summarized here for easier readability with small explanations.

Buffs:

- Increased health regeneration (minor)
    - Increased max health (minor)
    - Thing now 3-hit-kills marines
    - Thing can use the medkit alone once again

These are smaller buffs and not all of them necessarily need to be implemented. Their goal is to simply counterbalance the recent addition of new marine items and shorter timer.

I would like to bring an idea for new Thing ability on to the table:

- Predatory Senses (Passive): In the fog of war, marines are not just visible as red dots. They are displayed with different colors (e.g: Green -> Yellow -> Red) depending on the amount of health they have.
    Pandemonium
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

Forum Points (FP) : 114
    Forum Rating (FR) : 1

Re: Thing Revamp

Post by Pandemonium on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:04 pm

A game Vic might find useful as a reference is The Hidden: Source available in Gmod.

In this game, one 'Hidden' fights a group of soldiers similar to The Thing -Revival-. They use mechanics such as feeding on corpses and have interesting balance between the soldiers and the Hidden.
    Datasick
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

Forum Points (FP) : 976
    Forum Rating (FR) : 12

Post by Datasick on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:33 am

Reconsider the 3 hit kill and max health

Submit Footage to thethingrevivalvideos@gmail.com (Upload to Google Drive, Mediafire, etc. and then send that file link)

Imgur http://datademon.imgur.com/
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24

Post by Probe on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:43 am

Predatory Senses (Passive): In the fog of war, marines are not just visible as red dots. They are displayed with different colors (e.g: Green -> Yellow -> Red) depending on the amount of health they have.[/quote]

This... is perfect. Not only will it make the Thing more knowledgeable about its situation but can adapt its playstyle according to the health of the marines. Low health marine standing too close to a door can prompt the Thing to run through the door, take one swipe to kill them, and leave. Or, it can help make the fight or flight decision, destroy the buildings or go after the wounded marines in the forest?

I don't have the time to explain why this is great atm but I think its a perfect addition that would be gamebreaking in no way.

+1 (Except I might be changing my mind over the course of the next hours as I have more time to think)

I'm in full support of being able to see marines health from outside doors and such as the Thing doesn't have to tromp in and reveal itself to see if a fight is worth it. Also means less screwing around as the Thing.

I think a minor regeneration buff should be added, maximum health should be extremely minimal if added (like only +20 or something small). So definitely reconsider maximum health. Regen needs some kind of upgrade.

Now that I've been convinced alternative methods are the ideal way of approaching the balance, medkits should be added AFAP. (As fast as possible, you dirty minded people)

In terms of three hit kill: No. Throws balance off too much. Precious 1 HP is a vital part of the game. You piss someone off for half a second? 3 hit. There's no need for us to change it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:17 am