-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None


[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» YouTube
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 am by Datasick

» Project Showcase?
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:00 am by Datasick

» Photography
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 am by Datasick

» Wandering Critters to serve as food for the Thing.
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:06 am by Probe

» Major Updates?
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm by Durzan

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:28 pm by Durzan

» It would be nice if we had people starting lobbies
Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 am by Durzan

» ERROR MESSAGE
Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18 pm by Datasick


    Horrible Admins

    Share
    avatar
    Datasick
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

    Posts : 431
    Forum Points (FP) : 976
    Forum Rating (FR) : 12
    Join date : 2014-12-12
    Location : Everywhere

    Horrible Admins

    Post by Datasick on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:36 am

    As Administrators, what are we doing wrong?

    Edit: No admin responses until Feb 9th

    Revoked


    Last edited by Datasick on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Proteo
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 215
    Forum Points (FP) : 520
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by Proteo on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:05 am

    No problem with the breadth of you guys.
    To me, it seem's Probe just takes the "job" too seriously. And by that, I mean, when an admin threatens me that I won't become an admin (something I was unaware of to begin with) if I TK one more time while he is in the game, then that's probably just a little much.
    Now, I would understand if what I was doing was completely curbing the game and making it so the Thing always won, or just being a nuisance, but I believe in both games the Marines won.
    Just like our game, which I still think was not only fun but entertaining as well, you took me killing you and made it something that wasn't necessarily Taboo, but you tried to stack the odd's against me getting outright killed as well.
    I think realizing who is a true problem in the game and addressing those players, and seeing who is just creating chaos and havoc to spice things up is a skill every admin should have. And threatening another player, no matter who, with "Admin Privilege" is a pretty shitty thing to do.
    ALL THAT BEING SAID, I do realize anyone can get a little overboard. Killing a marine and forcing them to watch the rest of the game is a far better tactic than smiting them. It gives the admin an opportunity to talk with the player and give a fair warning, without them feeling like they are getting picked on or feeling stupid. Because, lets admit it, the one thing that pisses anyone off is feeling stupid on the internet.

    Let the chaos ensue.
    avatar
    CyrusChaos
    Specialist
    Specialist

    Posts : 34
    Forum Points (FP) : 67
    Forum Rating (FR) : 2
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Location : Inside you

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by CyrusChaos on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:23 am

    Proteo wrote:No problem with the breadth of you guys.
    To me, it seem's Probe just takes the "job" too seriously. And by that, I mean, when an admin threatens me that I won't become an admin (something I was unaware of to begin with) if I TK one more time while he is in the game, then that's probably just a little much.
    Now, I would understand if what I was doing was completely curbing the game and making it so the Thing always won, or just being a nuisance, but I believe in both games the Marines won.
    Just like our game, which I still think was not only fun but entertaining as well, you took me killing you and made it something that wasn't necessarily Taboo, but you tried to stack the odd's against me getting outright killed as well.
    I think realizing who is a true problem in the game and addressing those players, and seeing who is just creating chaos and havoc to spice things up is a skill every admin should have. And threatening another player, no matter who, with "Admin Privilege" is a pretty shitty thing to do.
    ALL THAT BEING SAID, I do realize anyone can get a little overboard. Killing a marine and forcing them to watch the rest of the game is a far better tactic than smiting them. It gives the admin an opportunity to talk with the player and give a fair warning, without them feeling like they are getting picked on or feeling stupid. Because, lets admit it, the one thing that pisses anyone off is feeling stupid on the internet.

    Let the chaos ensue.
    LET. CHAOS. ENSUE
    avatar
    ReeferFist
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 250
    Forum Points (FP) : 482
    Forum Rating (FR) : -3
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Location : Uranus

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by ReeferFist on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:11 am

    usually when an admin smites a player.... that player smites the lobby. lmao


    _________________
    avatar
    Proteo
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 215
    Forum Points (FP) : 520
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by Proteo on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:46 pm

    ReeferFist wrote:usually when an admin smites a player.... that player smites the lobby. lmao

    Aka Probes ghost, Zakenhur, and Zankza
    avatar
    ReeferFist
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 250
    Forum Points (FP) : 482
    Forum Rating (FR) : -3
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Location : Uranus

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by ReeferFist on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:29 pm

    honestly

    too much policing

    mafia is a much more popular game and they're professionals over there. rarely do you see any game interference directly from admins. the players use the vote kick system as intended.

    if they players want someone gone they can remove them.

    its hard to enjoy a game with some little punk always breathing down your neck
    avatar
    Unknown1233
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 12
    Forum Points (FP) : 5
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2015-01-28

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by Unknown1233 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:10 am

    Now now reefer, i play mafia just as much as you. I can agree that there is less admin involvement, but i can also point out that is a lot of gamethrowing, skyping, Hacking, Etc. They are two different games, so you can't really compare mafia to the thing popularity wise
    avatar
    ReeferFist
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 250
    Forum Points (FP) : 482
    Forum Rating (FR) : -3
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Location : Uranus

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by ReeferFist on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:10 am

    im not comparing the games, I'm comparing admins.

    a much more popular game (mafia) with as you stated more problems with us. mafia has less policing and the game works just fine because you don't have toddler admins crying and whining when the games not played in their favor.

    instead of intervening with the game, a game thrower or hacker simply gets a (!) notification next to their name in the beginning of game and they players have the ability to kick if they don't want to rick playing with that type of person.

    why do we have a player kick system if the admins just smite and kill who they want. seems selfish, if they lobby wants a player removed then the lobby has that choice,

    like i stated, to much policing. to many admins abusing powers to glorify their playing experience ( if other players wanted a kick they would vote) but they don't so its really just 1 butt hurt person kicking someone they personally don't like


    _________________
    avatar
    ReeferFist
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 250
    Forum Points (FP) : 482
    Forum Rating (FR) : -3
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Location : Uranus

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by ReeferFist on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:12 am

    Vic needs to take away quite a bit of these admin powers and implement something more structured to deal with any problems an admin thinks they might be having. this would also give these teenagers a resting period to calm their hormones and get a level head


    _________________
    avatar
    Proteo
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 215
    Forum Points (FP) : 520
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by Proteo on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:52 pm

    I don't know if it's a problem with the abilities the Admins have, I think it's more so that Admins aren't Tiered.
    There should maybe be different levels. Kind of like how forums use to be, and how this one might be structured. You have the Mod's who can do some basic things/give warnings/etc.
    Then you have like the next level, whatever that is. Given responsiblity to kick, etc.
    Then you have the real admins who can do whatever the hell they like.

    Give the newer admins less responsibility so you can test them out and see how they react. Sadly, as is the world today, you'll never be able to tell how somebody will workout until you give them a chance. Give a man power, see how he reacts.

    Also, if enough of a player base has a problem with a singled out admin, fucking do something. I understand this is a side project but its my main game, along with a whole slew of other players. I only play the other arcade games when the lobby is dead, but I'm sure as hell there when it's active.
    avatar
    ReeferFist
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 250
    Forum Points (FP) : 482
    Forum Rating (FR) : -3
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Location : Uranus

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by ReeferFist on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:05 pm

    Proteo wrote:]
    Sadly, as is the world today, you'll never be able to tell how somebody will workout until you give them a chance. Give a man power, see how he reacts.


    the only time lve seen vic actually take away an admins power he's appointed was thejurone

    and I've seen admins do far far much worse then him and not a single thing was done about it, but everyone wanted to gang up on him for some reason.
    avatar
    Proteo
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 215
    Forum Points (FP) : 520
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by Proteo on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:13 pm

    ReeferFist wrote:
    Proteo wrote:]
    Sadly, as is the world today, you'll never be able to tell how somebody will workout until you give them a chance. Give a man power, see how he reacts.


    the only time lve seen vic actually take away an admins power he's appointed was thejurone

    and I've seen admins do far far much worse then him and not a single thing was done about it, but everyone wanted to gang up on him for some reason.

    Kill the pig, drink his blood!
    avatar
    TheJuniorOne
    Cadet

    Posts : 2
    Forum Points (FP) : 10
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2015-02-07

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by TheJuniorOne on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:29 am

    Well I admit to abuse some of my admin powers. I also admit I was immature back then. Although not everything was true about my "abusing" I still love playing the game. And wish for people to forgive me.
    avatar
    Datasick
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

    Posts : 431
    Forum Points (FP) : 976
    Forum Rating (FR) : 12
    Join date : 2014-12-12
    Location : Everywhere

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by Datasick on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:36 am

    Comments acknowledged




    _________________
    Community YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_bn8T_fTG7FWYnPXyn7foQ/videos

    Submit Footage to thethingrevivalvideos@gmail.com (Upload to Google Drive, Mediafire, etc. and then send that file link)

    Imgur http://datademon.imgur.com/
    avatar
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 472
    Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24
    Join date : 2014-11-27

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by Probe on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:43 am

    Proteo wrote:To me, it seem's Probe just takes the "job" too seriously. And by that, I mean, when an admin threatens me that I won't become an admin (something I was unaware of to begin with) if I TK one more time while he is in the game, then that's probably just a little much.
    I never 'threatened' you by saying you wouldn't get admin. What I DID say to you was that I had heard you had potentially to be promoted. I ALSO said that if you wanted to follow through with that then you should probably stop tking constantly. Why would I say the latter? Because I wouldn't just let you get promoted without having a superior be aware of your actions. 

    It doesn't make sense that admins, who's point is to stop TK, would have a tker promoted into the ranks. That's my opinion, and while it isn't my call the overall message I said to you was: I'm just going to be informing Willu of your actions and let Vic and him decide on a path of action. However, I won't be informing them of you tking if you stop, because that's the truth and that's fair.


    Something to note: Reefer was the one who started the whole "Threatening" thing. Don't remember the exact words but I'm sure it would follow something along the lines of, "Probe, so much rage, so much threaten, so little life." and then just spiral out of control from there.

    PS. That admin speech ban was killing me.
    avatar
    ReeferFist
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 250
    Forum Points (FP) : 482
    Forum Rating (FR) : -3
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Location : Uranus

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by ReeferFist on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:23 pm

    um probe. only vic has permission to blame me for everything. FUCK OFF
    avatar
    Proteo
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 215
    Forum Points (FP) : 520
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by Proteo on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:53 pm

    Probe wrote:
    Proteo wrote:To me, it seem's Probe just takes the "job" too seriously. And by that, I mean, when an admin threatens me that I won't become an admin (something I was unaware of to begin with) if I TK one more time while he is in the game, then that's probably just a little much.
    I never 'threatened' you by saying you wouldn't get admin. What I DID say to you was that I had heard you had potentially to be promoted. I ALSO said that if you wanted to follow through with that then you should probably stop tking constantly. Why would I say the latter? Because I wouldn't just let you get promoted without having a superior be aware of your actions. 

    It doesn't make sense that admins, who's point is to stop TK, would have a tker promoted into the ranks. That's my opinion, and while it isn't my call the overall message I said to you was: I'm just going to be informing Willu of your actions and let Vic and him decide on a path of action. However, I won't be informing them of you tking if you stop, because that's the truth and that's fair.


    Something to note: Reefer was the one who started the whole "Threatening" thing. Don't remember the exact words but I'm sure it would follow something along the lines of, "Probe, so much rage, so much threaten, so little life." and then just spiral out of control from there.

    PS. That admin speech ban was killing me.


    Pretty sure you said something along the lines of "Okay, keep tking. I'll just make sure you dont get promoted"
    To which I said "The fuck are you talking about? Promoted?"
    we can bicker but, i'll just say it. youre a dirty copper liar
    avatar
    Perplexate
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

    Posts : 219
    Forum Points (FP) : 455
    Forum Rating (FR) : 11
    Join date : 2014-12-22
    Age : 29
    Location : Fighting

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by Perplexate on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:17 am

    Proteo wrote:I don't know if it's a problem with the abilities the Admins have, I think it's more so that Admins aren't Tiered.

    I've suggested this numerous times, it's not Vic's main priority.

    [quote="Probe"]
    Proteo wrote:It doesn't make sense that admins, who's point is to stop TK

    No...Just...No...The point of admins is NOT to stop TK'ing. Not in the slightest. TK'ing is an inherent an natural part of the game mechanics. Admins are to stop GAMETHROWING among other responsibilities. Come on man.

    Damn, we need Reefer as an admin. That'd solve most of this shit as he'd be a liason of sorts for the 'TK' community of The Thing.


    _________________
    Min Choshech Ani Lavoe

    From the Darkness I come

    Those who are heartless once cared too much
    avatar
    Unknown1233
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 12
    Forum Points (FP) : 5
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2015-01-28

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by Unknown1233 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:21 am

    Perplexate wrote:
    Proteo wrote:I don't know if it's a problem with the abilities the Admins have, I think it's more so that Admins aren't Tiered.  

    I've suggested this numerous times, it's not Vic's main priority.

    Probe wrote:
    Proteo wrote:It doesn't make sense that admins, who's point is to stop TK

    No...Just...No...The point of admins is NOT to stop TK'ing. Not in the slightest. TK'ing is an inherent an natural part of the game mechanics. Admins are to stop GAMETHROWING among other responsibilities. Come on man.

    Damn, we need Reefer as an admin. That'd solve most of this shit as he'd be a liason of sorts for the 'TK' community of The Thing.

    Say that with a straight face.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Horrible Admins

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:44 pm