-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None


[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» YouTube
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 am by Datasick

» Project Showcase?
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:00 am by Datasick

» Photography
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 am by Datasick

» Wandering Critters to serve as food for the Thing.
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:06 am by Probe

» Major Updates?
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm by Durzan

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:28 pm by Durzan

» It would be nice if we had people starting lobbies
Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 am by Durzan

» ERROR MESSAGE
Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Durzan


    Do you trust Probe?

    Share
    avatar
    Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 439
    Forum Points (FP) : 790
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2012-10-23

    Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Vicboy on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:14 am

    I need a general consensus on this. I also need to hear of any negative remarks on Probe.

    Should he stay as admin? Are there any reasons to doubt his loyalty in the game as a moderator?

    I'm asking this because I need to reconsider his position. Please do tell, thanks.

    edit:

    Answer seriously.
    avatar
    Phantom01
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 65
    Forum Points (FP) : 133
    Forum Rating (FR) : 4
    Join date : 2015-02-11

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Phantom01 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:28 am

    I haven't played with him much, but when I have I did not have any issue with him.
    avatar
    Proteo
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 215
    Forum Points (FP) : 520
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Proteo on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:48 am

    Might I suggest a plethora of my, or a few select others, posts on Probe?
    Also, the constant bashing of the game, in name of "Well saying the good things doesn't make it better" is kind of a pisser. Now, I'll call out when something is a miss but shit, at least I give you credit on what's working.
    Threatening and zero tolerance towards some, while others can do whatever the hell they want, makes not a good admin.
    I demand a mandatory Cow Skin Rule!

    Also, Probe hasn't been on for a bit. Dunno where he's at...
    avatar
    CyrusChaos
    Specialist
    Specialist

    Posts : 34
    Forum Points (FP) : 67
    Forum Rating (FR) : 2
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Location : Inside you

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by CyrusChaos on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:13 am

    Probes a good player, let him stay as admin <3


    _________________
    You cannot stop something you enjoy Wink
    avatar
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 472
    Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24
    Join date : 2014-11-27

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Probe on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:35 am

    Proteo wrote:Might I suggest a plethora of my, or a few select others, posts on Probe?
    Also, the constant bashing of the game, in name of "Well saying the good things doesn't make it better" is kind of a pisser. Now, I'll call out when something is a miss but shit, at least I give you credit on what's working.
    Threatening and zero tolerance towards some, while others can do whatever the hell they want, makes not a good admin.
    I demand a mandatory Cow Skin Rule!

    Also, Probe hasn't been on for a bit. Dunno where he's at...
    I could create multiple threads on the things that the game nailed perfectly. But may I suggest 2 things? The first, there would be no overall point or message to the thread other than 'Good Job' and I'm pretty sure Vic already knows he did a good job on the game. The second involves the trolls on the forums. If I make threads posting about the greatness of everything, I can guarantee we'd just end up seeing more "Probe is sucking up to Vic" posts. (Hello, Reefer!)

    I'm not sure about the zero tolerance thing? I don't tolerate people throwing a nade into a group of marines when the Thing is right next to them. But even then, besides pausing them its not like I punish them any further. God forbid a punishment carrying over to the next game. The threatening I can understand. I do occasionally threaten Reefer or other known tkers that I'll be watching them all game from the dead chat and if they try to pull anything funny I'll stop them.

    I stopped doing cow skins when I realized that people were purposefully tking to achieve a cow skin. I told some others admins to stop that as well.

    And yes, you're correct. I have no idea where the last two weeks went. I played some planetside, but even then I have no idea what happened. It feels like just yesterday I was playing it.
    avatar
    Perplexate
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

    Posts : 219
    Forum Points (FP) : 455
    Forum Rating (FR) : 11
    Join date : 2014-12-22
    Age : 29
    Location : Fighting

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Perplexate on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:44 am

    Yes.


    _________________
    Min Choshech Ani Lavoe

    From the Darkness I come

    Those who are heartless once cared too much
    avatar
    zakhennahr
    Specialist
    Specialist

    Posts : 43
    Forum Points (FP) : 89
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2014-12-30

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by zakhennahr on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:48 am

    Probe makes a very good case for himself as to why he should lose admin powers.

    Let's be honest here, do admins being trolls make the general population of this game better? No. No they do not. Willu using admin powers to be an ass (hello rapid pinging of thing's location), Data using admin powers to give himself an advantage (hello, -999999 marine points, and making yourself look like a cadet for the purposes of hiding your actual rank), Probe pausing the game while people nade (good job, the solution to the problem of trolls is... more trolling and acting like a general douche).

    Frankly, the only admin I've seen not abuse admin privilege is YOALL. You'll consistently see me across all threads bashing all admins except him. Admins act like an extension of you, Vicboy, and when I mostly see them act like trolls and bitches, it makes it very easy for me to start trolling the game myself. So, for the purposes of this thread, ask yourself if their behavior in and out of game is something you are okay with. If it is, then perfect, let the game continue as it stands, with what is probably the lowest of the low community out there and the absolute highest concentration of trolls I've ever seen. But, if instead you want them to encourage good player behavior, take a good, hard look as to who you pick as an admin.
    avatar
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 472
    Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24
    Join date : 2014-11-27

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Probe on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:59 am

    zakhennahr wrote:Probe makes a very good case for himself as to why he should lose admin powers.

    Let's be honest here, do admins being trolls make the general population of this game better? No. No they do not. Willu using admin powers to be an ass (hello rapid pinging of thing's location), Data using admin powers to give himself an advantage (hello, -999999 marine points, and making yourself look like a cadet for the purposes of hiding your actual rank), Probe pausing the game while people nade (good job, the solution to the problem of trolls is... more trolling and acting like a general douche).

    Frankly, the only admin I've seen not abuse admin privilege is YOALL. You'll consistently see me across all threads bashing all admins except him. Admins act like an extension of you, Vicboy, and when I mostly see them act like trolls and bitches, it makes it very easy for me to start trolling the game myself. So, for the purposes of this thread, ask yourself if their behavior in and out of game is something you are okay with. If it is, then perfect, let the game continue as it stands, with what is probably the lowest of the low community out there and the absolute highest concentration of trolls I've ever seen. But, if instead you want them to encourage good player behavior, take a good, hard look as to who you pick as an admin.
    Pausing the PLAYER, not the GAME. Admins can pause a tker temporarily to allow friendlies to escape a grenade.
    avatar
    Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 439
    Forum Points (FP) : 790
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2012-10-23

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Vicboy on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:00 am

    Probe wrote:
    I stopped doing cow skins when I realized that people were purposefully tking to achieve a cow skin. I told some others admins to stop that as well.

    Sigh, I guess there's a time for people to learn that GIVING TKERS SOMETHING TO WORK FOR is only asking them to TK more.

    I learnt about it 2 years ago when I implemented Infraction Points and that only made people try to achieve the most IP.
    avatar
    Perplexate
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

    Posts : 219
    Forum Points (FP) : 455
    Forum Rating (FR) : 11
    Join date : 2014-12-22
    Age : 29
    Location : Fighting

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Perplexate on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:13 am

    zakhennahr wrote:

    Frankly, the only admin I've seen not abuse admin privilege is YOALL.

    Even me? :'(

    On a more serious note, I do feel that most of the admins are a tad harsh. I suppose I need to get that players manual up so that players can understand admins motives and judge them to a determinable degree.

    That said, I can't think of more than 1-2 players who aren't already admins who'd be better than Probe


    _________________
    Min Choshech Ani Lavoe

    From the Darkness I come

    Those who are heartless once cared too much
    avatar
    Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 439
    Forum Points (FP) : 790
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2012-10-23

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Vicboy on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:29 am

    Alright then, looks like Probe will be the game's Level Designer. LOL, thanks for the honest answers.

    Here's his portfolio. Tell me if he should design the maps YOU guys play.
    avatar
    zakhennahr
    Specialist
    Specialist

    Posts : 43
    Forum Points (FP) : 89
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2014-12-30

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by zakhennahr on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:32 am

    I don't think I've ever seen you use your admin powers, PERP. The biggest problem is that Probe enjoys running his mouth off to the point of the detriment of this game. And as an admin, being a douche to players in-game or out is a great recipe for people who don't troll games to start doing so in this one (like me!), so I'll keep saying that different standards should apply to players who are admins and players who are not.
    avatar
    zakhennahr
    Specialist
    Specialist

    Posts : 43
    Forum Points (FP) : 89
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2014-12-30

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by zakhennahr on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:39 am

    Comments on his maps:

    1. That looks like the standard Baguio. If he's the one who designed it from scratch, then yes, as it's the best small map, containing very few rape rooms, a good amount of pathing abuses, small nooks and crannies, and mechanics beneficial to the thing (cliff-jumping), and mechanics beneficial to marines (micro areas like the crates, small passageways).
    2. Aquilon looks better.
    3. It's easier to see what in the hell is going on in Ragnov.
    4. Looks like he's fixed pathing issues and long dead-ends on Sahara.

    Sure, he's spending a lot of time and effort on making the maps and it shows. Let him do the level design as long as he works on making it reasonable for both thing and marines to win on any given map.
    avatar
    Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 439
    Forum Points (FP) : 790
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2012-10-23

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Vicboy on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:55 am

    Probe being funny, once again.




    You: so you didn't go to the forums

    [Vicboy] Probe: I did
    Though I haven't read every single post yet

    You: ok

    [Vicboy] Probe: Which post do you want me to see?
    If you want me to see the one about me and being admin then ive seen it
    I'm here to help. If I'm hindering the game by being admin then hurry up and de-mod me
    avatar
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 472
    Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24
    Join date : 2014-11-27

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Probe on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:14 am

    zakhennahr wrote:3. It's easier to see what in the hell is going on in Ragnov.
    I went through the entirety of Ragnov and by hand made sure that all doodads now have proper pathing. There will be no more walking through doodads. I also took the liberty of remodeling the box sizes and directions so that they are visually appealing but are easier to dictate where you can and cannot walk.

    If I have the all-clear to tinker with some of the maps... man, the possibilities.
    avatar
    Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 439
    Forum Points (FP) : 790
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2012-10-23

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Vicboy on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:24 am

    You have my permission to tweak the shit out of the maps. Make the players happy, I don't give a shit about level design. (If you haven't noticed by now.)
    avatar
    Proteo
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 215
    Forum Points (FP) : 520
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Proteo on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:06 am

    Probe wrote:
    zakhennahr wrote:3. It's easier to see what in the hell is going on in Ragnov.
    I went through the entirety of Ragnov and by hand made sure that all doodads now have proper pathing. There will be no more walking through doodads. I also took the liberty of remodeling the box sizes and directions so that they are visually appealing but are easier to dictate where you can and cannot walk.

    If I have the all-clear to tinker with some of the maps... man, the possibilities.

    But don't fuck with aquilon
    avatar
    willuwontu
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 273
    Forum Points (FP) : 575
    Forum Rating (FR) : 4
    Join date : 2012-11-06

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by willuwontu on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:50 am

    Aquilon is best map as far as balance i think.
    avatar
    Phantom01
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 65
    Forum Points (FP) : 133
    Forum Rating (FR) : 4
    Join date : 2015-02-11

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Phantom01 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:12 am

    Vicboy wrote:You have my permission to tweak the shit out of the maps. Make the players happy, I don't give a shit about level design. (If you haven't noticed by now.)

    Hell yes.

    Also, the updated Aquilon looks very well done.
    avatar
    Datasick
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

    Posts : 431
    Forum Points (FP) : 976
    Forum Rating (FR) : 12
    Join date : 2014-12-12
    Location : Everywhere

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Datasick on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:20 pm

    Wth does having negative points all of the sudden give me an advantage? Lol


    Last edited by Datasick on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Datasick
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

    Posts : 431
    Forum Points (FP) : 976
    Forum Rating (FR) : 12
    Join date : 2014-12-12
    Location : Everywhere

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Datasick on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:21 pm

    Hell hell. Wth hell hell... Hmm what the hail?


    Last edited by Datasick on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Proteo
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 215
    Forum Points (FP) : 520
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Proteo on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:37 pm

    Datasick wrote:Hell hell. Wth hell hell... Hmm what the hail

    Makes me wonder who is really a cadet and who is Data/Probe in disguise :O

    But really, I usually base my moves on the ranks of the players. Sgt and up, I'm more careful. Lower than that, I just assume I can be pretty flagrant because they haven't developed proper nade throws or when to place a moltov, how to run/lock etc. It makes it a little more difficult, but doesn't sincerely affect the end-game result, in most instances.
    avatar
    Datasick
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

    Posts : 431
    Forum Points (FP) : 976
    Forum Rating (FR) : 12
    Join date : 2014-12-12
    Location : Everywhere

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Datasick on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:37 am

    Zak knows all about his stats I bet. That story about the update would be pretty convincing.


    _________________
    Community YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_bn8T_fTG7FWYnPXyn7foQ/videos

    Submit Footage to thethingrevivalvideos@gmail.com (Upload to Google Drive, Mediafire, etc. and then send that file link)

    Imgur http://datademon.imgur.com/
    avatar
    zakhennahr
    Specialist
    Specialist

    Posts : 43
    Forum Points (FP) : 89
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2014-12-30

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by zakhennahr on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:03 am

    Data, once your brain develops past the point of mental retardation, I'd suggest the following: Proof or gtfo. And even if I had modified my bank, you're an admin so start acting like one instead of being one of the reasons I held for a while the other night.
    avatar
    Proteo
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 215
    Forum Points (FP) : 520
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Proteo on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:24 am

    zakhennahr wrote:Data, once your brain develops past the point of mental retardation, I'd suggest the following: Proof or gtfo. And even if I had modified my bank, you're an admin so start acting like one instead of being one of the reasons I held for a while the other night.

    Ladies and gentlemen, I present you my greatest masterpiece yet.
    I call it:

    Third Grade Logic

    avatar
    Shadow
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 127
    Forum Points (FP) : 330
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2015-01-02
    Age : 15
    Location : chandler

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Shadow on Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:12 pm

    Meh, probe sucks I should be am admin.....jk, no he's great, and friendly but sometimes threatening to tkers

    Sponsored content

    Re: Do you trust Probe?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:18 pm