Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» YouTube
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 am by Datasick

» Project Showcase?
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:00 am by Datasick

» Photography
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 am by Datasick

» Wandering Critters to serve as food for the Thing.
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:06 am by Probe

» Major Updates?
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm by Durzan

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:28 pm by Durzan

» It would be nice if we had people starting lobbies
Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 am by Durzan

» ERROR MESSAGE
Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18 pm by Datasick

I killed a thing with full health 1v1 as a marine with flamethrower, thoughts?

Solidifire
    Corporal
    Corporal

Forum Points (FP) : 82
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0

I killed a thing with full health 1v1 as a marine with flamethrower, thoughts?

Post by Solidifire on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:05 pm

I really, truly, and honestly believe flamethrower is balanced. It is the only thing that keeps marines in the game when there are less than 5, usually some dumbass has wasted the fuel shooting marines. I have played a ton of games, and the thing can deal with it. The trick is to take a hit from flame and run, slowly draining fuel. With the things movement speed the flamethrower can never catch it. And with less than 5 marines, it is the only thing that can dps a thing fast enough to give marines a chance to kill it before it runs.

OK, so how I 1v1 thing was a little trick I have never seen anyone do before but have been wanting to try. It was a shit host who started with 5 people. Thing killed 3 of them, it was just me and thing. I found the flamethrower with full fuel, and went to a large room. I set flamethrower next to me on the ground. When i saw thing coming I stimmed then picked up the flamethrower. With stim (and the fact that it wasnt instantly on top of me cuz it had to walk towards me in the big room) I dps the thing faster than it could kill me (I didn't move or kite, just held my ground and burninated it).

I think if the thing was smarter it could have backed out when it was on half health and healed. BUT it didnt. and stim + flame + a bit of distance between you and thing = you can beat thing 1v1. What do you guys think?

Solidifire
    Corporal
    Corporal

Re: I killed a thing with full health 1v1 as a marine with flamethrower, thoughts?

Post by Solidifire on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:32 pm

OH and shhhhhhhhhhh keep this a secret Very Happy, dont want pubbies knowing about this if i am thing.

Spectre
    Private
    Private

Forum Points (FP) : 23

Re: I killed a thing with full health 1v1 as a marine with flamethrower, thoughts?

Post by Spectre on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:06 am

Good idea. Usually I drop the flame/stim/pick up but this seems like a better idea. Nice job dude

Solidifire
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Solidifire on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 am

But what do you think about the balance of that?

Maxime
    Private
    Private

Forum Points (FP) : 39

Post by Maxime on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:51 am

I see it more like an exploit than a trick. Vic should fix this

EternalToss
    Admin

Forum Points (FP) : 222

Post by EternalToss on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:16 am

my friend did it no big deal tbh but flame is a bit opd at max fuel it should bring hp down to just short of the things full hp and then auto-drop when the fuel is empty

Spectre
    Private
    Private

Forum Points (FP) : 23

Post by Spectre on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:54 am

Solidifire wrote:But what do you think about the balance of that?

Balance is fine. The thing can easily get away even with a stim + flamethrower. We don't need to nerf it for the noobs.

EternalToss
    Admin

Forum Points (FP) : 222

Post by EternalToss on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:06 am

when a marine stims hes faster than the thing and he also gets a faster shoot speed... so it could be possible to kill him

Solidifire
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Solidifire on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Well try it sometime, see if you can kill a running thing with stim and flamethrower. If that is also possible (and the thing had full life at start of battle) this may need a nurf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:04 pm