-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None


[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» YouTube
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 am by Datasick

» Project Showcase?
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:00 am by Datasick

» Photography
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 am by Datasick

» Wandering Critters to serve as food for the Thing.
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:06 am by Probe

» Major Updates?
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm by Durzan

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:28 pm by Durzan

» It would be nice if we had people starting lobbies
Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 am by Durzan

» ERROR MESSAGE
Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18 pm by Datasick


    New Thing Revival IDEAS!!!

    Share
    avatar
    EpicxRage
    Cadet

    Posts : 6
    Forum Points (FP) : 14
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2015-10-13
    Age : 21
    Location : Michigan

    New Thing Revival IDEAS!!!

    Post by EpicxRage on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:24 pm

    study  well i had a couple of ideas, mainly for the thing because 11 marines and 1 thing is pretty op.
    1.the thing has a new move were it can campflauge (in thing mode) with the terrain under it. like in the forest it if you activate it(last a couple seconds) you the thing will become greenish brown (or whatever lol) in the snow if you activate it the thing will become white`esh looking color(even the legs of the thing)  

    2.The thing should be able to drain other marines oxygen lvls alot faster when around them 2+(not including the thing) because the thing will consume more oxygen then the marines (considering it has a oxygen lvl) oxygen lvls arent taking seriouse, but if you give it to the thing as a perk then will make all them group of marines split up!

    3.the thing "ROAR" should be considered a move it has which allows the thing to make the marines run in uncontrollable different directions for a certain amount of miliseconds (or seconds) this way it will take more strategy for the thing to get the marines, but will make it easier for them to split up other then staying together.(also it should have a cool-down like every 15 seconds or something) and it will only affect them if the thing is in "thing form" and a certain distance.


    Post your ideas!!! i know you all have some ^-^


    _________________
    A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear~The Thing
    avatar
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 472
    Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24
    Join date : 2014-11-27

    Re: New Thing Revival IDEAS!!!

    Post by Probe on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:00 am

    EpicxRage wrote:study  well i had a couple of ideas, mainly for the thing because 11 marines and 1 thing is pretty op.
    1.the thing has a new move were it can campflauge (in thing mode) with the terrain under it. like in the forest it if you activate it(last a couple seconds) you the thing will become greenish brown (or whatever lol) in the snow if you activate it the thing will become white`esh looking color(even the legs of the thing)  

    2.The thing should be able to drain other marines oxygen lvls alot faster when around them 2+(not including the thing) because the thing will consume more oxygen then the marines (considering it has a oxygen lvl) oxygen lvls arent taking seriouse, but if you give it to the thing as a perk then will make all them group of marines split up!

    3.the thing "ROAR" should be considered a move it has which allows the thing to make the marines run in uncontrollable different directions for a certain amount of miliseconds (or seconds) this way it will take more strategy for the thing to get the marines, but will make it easier for them to split up other then staying together.(also it should have a cool-down like every 15 seconds or something) and it will only affect them if the thing is in "thing form" and a certain distance.


    Post your ideas!!! i know you all have some ^-^

    1) No because too much effort for something practically useless with Starcraft's UI.

    2) Oxygen isn't based on Thing radius because that's practically cheating. While I believe the marines need to split up more, its not gonna happen without MAJOR game changes that I don't see happening without major support from Vic & Willu

    3) That basically is an ability which says "Fuck you!" to a random marine upon use and eradicates a person's skill level. If you are forced to run in random directions, there's no way to have a skill ceiling and floor.


    _________________
    Current Development: The Flesh Update

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvXQ7hn-sRU
    avatar
    EpicxRage
    Cadet

    Posts : 6
    Forum Points (FP) : 14
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2015-10-13
    Age : 21
    Location : Michigan

    Re: New Thing Revival IDEAS!!!

    Post by EpicxRage on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:30 pm

    lmao the roar would be kinda op, i was also thinking if we could get a melee weapon, like a axe but the marine would half to give up its gun, ect make the default marine gun a weapon. idk if thats possible (hell i dont even know if it is) but ik you guise are pretty smart. like the axe could deal not much as the flamethrower in terms of damage but around that area.only 2 axe per board and you can equip it with the riot shield.







    _________________
    A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear~The Thing
    avatar
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 472
    Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24
    Join date : 2014-11-27

    Re: New Thing Revival IDEAS!!!

    Post by Probe on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:45 am

    EpicxRage wrote:lmao the roar would be kinda op, i was also thinking if we could get a melee weapon, like a axe but the marine would half to give up its gun, ect make the default marine gun a weapon. idk if thats possible (hell i dont even know if it is) but ik you guise are pretty smart. like the axe could deal not much as the flamethrower in terms of damage but around that area.only 2 axe per board and you can equip it with the riot shield.






    To have an axe we require a modeler, animation artist and a coder with a lot of expertise in doing these kinds of things. The first two we flat out don't have the the third is wishy washy because Vic and Willu disappear at random times.

    Vic, have you updated it yet?


    _________________
    Current Development: The Flesh Update

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvXQ7hn-sRU
    avatar
    Vicboy
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 439
    Forum Points (FP) : 790
    Forum Rating (FR) : 7
    Join date : 2012-10-23

    Re: New Thing Revival IDEAS!!!

    Post by Vicboy on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:41 am

    Probe wrote:
    EpicxRage wrote:lmao the roar would be kinda op, i was also thinking if we could get a melee weapon, like a axe but the marine would half to give up its gun, ect make the default marine gun a weapon. idk if thats possible (hell i dont even know if it is) but ik you guise are pretty smart. like the axe could deal not much as the flamethrower in terms of damage but around that area.only 2 axe per board and you can equip it with the riot shield.

    To have an axe we require a modeler, animation artist and a coder with a lot of expertise in doing these kinds of things. The first two we flat out don't have the the third is wishy washy because Vic and Willu disappear at random times.

    Vic, have you updated it yet?

    Yes, you fuck. Let me update Dropbox.
    avatar
    Rachyl
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 88
    Forum Points (FP) : 163
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2015-02-10

    Re: New Thing Revival IDEAS!!!

    Post by Rachyl on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:24 pm

    Vicboy plz make the thing like it used to be in 2012 and completly just default the game, and i will play agian
    avatar
    Perplexate
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

    Posts : 219
    Forum Points (FP) : 455
    Forum Rating (FR) : 11
    Join date : 2014-12-22
    Age : 29
    Location : Fighting

    Re: New Thing Revival IDEAS!!!

    Post by Perplexate on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:58 am

    I like the idea of an Axe being added. It stays true to the lore (I think?) and in relation to models, there are plenty of in game substitutes. You wouldn't have to make a new model.

    It'd be fun to kamikaze the thing with a Melee weapon too Very Happy


    _________________
    Min Choshech Ani Lavoe

    From the Darkness I come

    Those who are heartless once cared too much

    Sponsored content

    Re: New Thing Revival IDEAS!!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:50 am