-The Thing- [Revival]

The Thing is amongst us.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None


[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Latest topics

» YouTube
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 am by Datasick

» Project Showcase?
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:00 am by Datasick

» Photography
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 am by Datasick

» Wandering Critters to serve as food for the Thing.
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:06 am by Probe

» Major Updates?
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm by Durzan

» Release 0.281 to 0.286 [Overdue Update]
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:28 pm by Durzan

» It would be nice if we had people starting lobbies
Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 am by Durzan

» ERROR MESSAGE
Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18 pm by Datasick


    New Perks

    Share
    avatar
    BOB THE BUILDER
    Cadet

    Posts : 4
    Forum Points (FP) : 39
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2015-10-13
    Age : 99
    Location : WHO KNOWS

    New Perks

    Post by BOB THE BUILDER on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:57 am

    Since perks are a thing now...
    Backpack- Grants 2 extra inventory slots
    can't figure out a name- door locking now has 2 charges
    can't figure out a name- Less oxygen lost when in a group
    can't figure out a name- Combat shield further reduces damage taken to 1/3 from grenades and thing shots
    avatar
    Perplexate
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

    Posts : 219
    Forum Points (FP) : 455
    Forum Rating (FR) : 11
    Join date : 2014-12-22
    Age : 29
    Location : Fighting

    Re: New Perks

    Post by Perplexate on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:41 am

    1. Why? Why do you need 6 items?
    2. *Stalls games furuvr*
    3. "Oxygen Mask", Acceptable, although I can't why this woul be picked above other perks?
    4. Seems like a risk, you'd be getting a perk solely based on getting a one drop item.


    _________________
    Min Choshech Ani Lavoe

    From the Darkness I come

    Those who are heartless once cared too much
    avatar
    zakhennahr
    Specialist
    Specialist

    Posts : 43
    Forum Points (FP) : 89
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2014-12-30

    Re: New Perks

    Post by zakhennahr on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:08 pm

    Perks should really be a tit-for-tat thing in most, if not all cases, so you can customize according to what strengths you value the most. For example:

    Override Codes: As a former maintenance manager, you have your omnitool configured to unlock by default. Your Door Lock ability can no longer be used to lock doors, but instantly unlocks any locked doors (same cooldown applies).
    Light Weight: Never a fan being weighed down, you always travel with light armor instead of the standard battle suit. You can only carry 3 items, but walk 5% faster and run 10% faster for the duration of your sprint.
    Adrenaline Overproduction: A rare defect in your genes causes you to produce double the adrenaline a normal person would. You sprint 20% longer, but lose 10% of your life over the duration of your sprint. Your heart can only take so much!
    Burn Victim: As a former burn victim in a tragic chemical fire, you have a lot of practice applying medkits. While you cannot pick up molotov cocktails, you do not waste medpacks after using them and they remain in your inventory permanently.
    Sixth Sense: A failed Terrazine experiment left you with weakened senses, but opened your inner eye. You line of sight is 20% smaller, but you can sense any unburrowed units up to 120% of your original line of sight, and can sense burrowed units anywhere you can physically see.
    Oxygen Recycling: This was supposed to be a simple repair mission. You retrofitted the Life Support system in your suit to an Oxygen Recycling Unit. You no longer use up precious oxygen in the area, allowing for larger groups, at the cost of having no passive health regeneration.

    And since, lol, according to Isaac, certain people have been wasting their time while I've been gone trying to pretend they're me:
    Rachyl's Revenge: Always the gullible girl, you are easily tricked into believing others are your friend. The Thing always looks like its original marine form to you and you do not auto-attack it. Every time you type "IM A GIRL I SWEAR WAAAH" (up to 1 time per second) there's a 5% chance you'll stun The Thing for 2 seconds as it wonders why a man is trying so hard to pretend he's a woman.
    Reefer Madness: Due to playing Destiny and drinking alone in your apartment too much, you deal an additional 50% damage with your rifle to The Thing, and 25% less damage to marines, but automatically attack any other marines as if they were enemies and vice versa.


    Then, if you want just pure-positive bonuses, they can be minimal things like +2% speed, but locked behind a "You've played X games, or your rank is Y".

    Edit: See you in another few months, lol.
    avatar
    Perplexate
    Game Moderator
    Game Moderator

    Posts : 219
    Forum Points (FP) : 455
    Forum Rating (FR) : 11
    Join date : 2014-12-22
    Age : 29
    Location : Fighting

    Re: New Perks

    Post by Perplexate on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:21 am

    ^ *Slow slow clap as respect for Zak shoots up higher than a Heroin junkie*


    _________________
    Min Choshech Ani Lavoe

    From the Darkness I come

    Those who are heartless once cared too much
    avatar
    BOB THE BUILDER
    Cadet

    Posts : 4
    Forum Points (FP) : 39
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2015-10-13
    Age : 99
    Location : WHO KNOWS

    Re: New Perks

    Post by BOB THE BUILDER on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:32 am

    Perplexate wrote:1. Why? Why do you need 6 items?
    2. *Stalls games furuvr*
    3. "Oxygen Mask", Acceptable, although I can't why this woul be picked above other perks?
    4. Seems like a risk, you'd be getting a perk solely based on getting a one drop item.
    1. You could carry more items? This could be useful if you want to have a setup like a molotov, 2 grenades, a flamethrower, a radio and goggles. This is useful for both the thing and marines
    2. It allows for easier escapes during battle, but may be balanced to increase the cooldown required for it to recharge. This also is both useful for both the thing and marines.
    3. If you and a few marines have this perk this would allow you to easily create a fighting squad to take down the thing, or as the thing you can drain the oxygen from a group of marines without it without many negative effects (you may still need to look out for control).
    4. Well that is the same thing with the flamethrower perk but it is still there anyways is it not?
    avatar
    Probe
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 472
    Forum Points (FP) : 1243
    Forum Rating (FR) : 24
    Join date : 2014-11-27

    Re: New Perks

    Post by Probe on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:37 am

    zakhennahr wrote:Perks should really be a tit-for-tat thing in most, if not all cases, so you can customize according to what strengths you value the most. For example:

    Override Codes: As a former maintenance manager, you have your omnitool configured to unlock by default. Your Door Lock ability can no longer be used to lock doors, but instantly unlocks any locked doors (same cooldown applies).
    Light Weight: Never a fan being weighed down, you always travel with light armor instead of the standard battle suit. You can only carry 3 items, but walk 5% faster and run 10% faster for the duration of your sprint.
    Adrenaline Overproduction: A rare defect in your genes causes you to produce double the adrenaline a normal person would. You sprint 20% longer, but lose 10% of your life over the duration of your sprint. Your heart can only take so much!
    Burn Victim: As a former burn victim in a tragic chemical fire, you have a lot of practice applying medkits. While you cannot pick up molotov cocktails, you do not waste medpacks after using them and they remain in your inventory permanently.
    Sixth Sense: A failed Terrazine experiment left you with weakened senses, but opened your inner eye. You line of sight is 20% smaller, but you can sense any unburrowed units up to 120% of your original line of sight, and can sense burrowed units anywhere you can physically see.
    Oxygen Recycling: This was supposed to be a simple repair mission. You retrofitted the Life Support system in your suit to an Oxygen Recycling Unit. You no longer use up precious oxygen in the area, allowing for larger groups, at the cost of having no passive health regeneration.

    And since, lol, according to Isaac, certain people have been wasting their time while I've been gone trying to pretend they're me:
    Rachyl's Revenge: Always the gullible girl, you are easily tricked into believing others are your friend. The Thing always looks like its original marine form to you and you do not auto-attack it. Every time you type "IM A GIRL I SWEAR WAAAH" (up to 1 time per second) there's a 5% chance you'll stun The Thing for 2 seconds as it wonders why a man is trying so hard to pretend he's a woman.
    Reefer Madness: Due to playing Destiny and drinking alone in your apartment too much, you deal an additional 50% damage with your rifle to The Thing, and 25% less damage to marines, but automatically attack any other marines as if they were enemies and vice versa.


    Then, if you want just pure-positive bonuses, they can be minimal things like +2% speed, but locked behind a "You've played X games, or your rank is Y".

    Edit: See you in another few months, lol.

    I like some of these ideas, though I think we need to balance the ones we already have first. Definitely will speak about it with Willu/Vic.


    _________________
    Current Development: The Flesh Update

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvXQ7hn-sRU
    avatar
    BOB THE BUILDER
    Cadet

    Posts : 4
    Forum Points (FP) : 39
    Forum Rating (FR) : 0
    Join date : 2015-10-13
    Age : 99
    Location : WHO KNOWS

    Re: New Perks

    Post by BOB THE BUILDER on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:24 am

    Probe wrote:
    zakhennahr wrote:Perks should really be a tit-for-tat thing in most, if not all cases, so you can customize according to what strengths you value the most. For example:

    Override Codes: As a former maintenance manager, you have your omnitool configured to unlock by default. Your Door Lock ability can no longer be used to lock doors, but instantly unlocks any locked doors (same cooldown applies).
    Light Weight: Never a fan being weighed down, you always travel with light armor instead of the standard battle suit. You can only carry 3 items, but walk 5% faster and run 10% faster for the duration of your sprint.
    Adrenaline Overproduction: A rare defect in your genes causes you to produce double the adrenaline a normal person would. You sprint 20% longer, but lose 10% of your life over the duration of your sprint. Your heart can only take so much!
    Burn Victim: As a former burn victim in a tragic chemical fire, you have a lot of practice applying medkits. While you cannot pick up molotov cocktails, you do not waste medpacks after using them and they remain in your inventory permanently.
    Sixth Sense: A failed Terrazine experiment left you with weakened senses, but opened your inner eye. You line of sight is 20% smaller, but you can sense any unburrowed units up to 120% of your original line of sight, and can sense burrowed units anywhere you can physically see.
    Oxygen Recycling: This was supposed to be a simple repair mission. You retrofitted the Life Support system in your suit to an Oxygen Recycling Unit. You no longer use up precious oxygen in the area, allowing for larger groups, at the cost of having no passive health regeneration.

    And since, lol, according to Isaac, certain people have been wasting their time while I've been gone trying to pretend they're me:
    Rachyl's Revenge: Always the gullible girl, you are easily tricked into believing others are your friend. The Thing always looks like its original marine form to you and you do not auto-attack it. Every time you type "IM A GIRL I SWEAR WAAAH" (up to 1 time per second) there's a 5% chance you'll stun The Thing for 2 seconds as it wonders why a man is trying so hard to pretend he's a woman.
    Reefer Madness: Due to playing Destiny and drinking alone in your apartment too much, you deal an additional 50% damage with your rifle to The Thing, and 25% less damage to marines, but automatically attack any other marines as if they were enemies and vice versa.


    Then, if you want just pure-positive bonuses, they can be minimal things like +2% speed, but locked behind a "You've played X games, or your rank is Y".

    Edit: See you in another few months, lol.

    I like some of these ideas, though I think we need to balance the ones we already have first. Definitely will speak about it with Willu/Vic.
    Don't know, I think there is a problem with some of those perks due to being completely useless for the thing.
    avatar
    willuwontu
    Developer
    Developer

    Posts : 273
    Forum Points (FP) : 575
    Forum Rating (FR) : 4
    Join date : 2012-11-06

    Re: New Perks

    Post by willuwontu on Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:19 am

    zakhennahr wrote:Perks should really be a tit-for-tat thing in most, if not all cases, so you can customize according to what strengths you value the most. For example:

    Override Codes: As a former maintenance manager, you have your omnitool configured to unlock by default. Your Door Lock ability can no longer be used to lock doors, but instantly unlocks any locked doors (same cooldown applies).
    This one I'd consider.
    zakhennahr wrote:
    Light Weight: Never a fan being weighed down, you always travel with light armor instead of the standard battle suit. You can only carry 3 items, but walk 5% faster and run 10% faster for the duration of your sprint.
    Not a bad idea, I'll see about this one.
    zakhennahr wrote:
    Adrenaline Overproduction: A rare defect in your genes causes you to produce double the adrenaline a normal person would. You sprint 20% longer, but lose 10% of your life over the duration of your sprint. Your heart can only take so much!
    Should I replace the other one for sprinting with this then?
    zakhennahr wrote:
    Burn Victim: As a former burn victim in a tragic chemical fire, you have a lot of practice applying medkits. While you cannot pick up molotov cocktails, you do not waste medpacks after using them and they remain in your inventory permanently.g
    Interesting
    zakhennahr wrote:
    Sixth Sense: A failed Terrazine experiment left you with weakened senses, but opened your inner eye. You line of sight is 20% smaller, but you can sense any unburrowed units up to 120% of your original line of sight, and can sense burrowed units anywhere you can physically see.
    I take it my sixth sense is overpowered then?
    zakhennahr wrote:
    Oxygen Recycling: This was supposed to be a simple repair mission. You retrofitted the Life Support system in your suit to an Oxygen Recycling Unit. You no longer use up precious oxygen in the area, allowing for larger groups, at the cost of having no passive health regeneration.
    Might go with an exceedingly low health regen instead, as none is ...
    zakhennahr wrote:
    And since, lol, according to Isaac, certain people have been wasting their time while I've been gone trying to pretend they're me:
    Rachyl's Revenge: Always the gullible girl, you are easily tricked into believing others are your friend. The Thing always looks like its original marine form to you and you do not auto-attack it. Every time you type "IM A GIRL I SWEAR WAAAH" (up to 1 time per second) there's a 5% chance you'll stun The Thing for 2 seconds as it wonders why a man is trying so hard to pretend he's a woman.
    Reefer Madness: Due to playing Destiny and drinking alone in your apartment too much, you deal an additional 50% damage with your rifle to The Thing, and 25% less damage to marines, but automatically attack any other marines as if they were enemies and vice versa.


    Then, if you want just pure-positive bonuses, they can be minimal things like +2% speed, but locked behind a "You've played X games, or your rank is Y".

    Edit: See you in another few months, lol.
    lol, some zak suitable ones, hopefully won't have to put you on the banlist when i see you then.

    Sponsored content

    Re: New Perks

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:20 pm